Loretta loves teaching sixth grade science. In fact, she’s been teaching for more than 25 years and hopes to stay in the classroom for another 20 years. Students are drawn to her high energy and creative approach to teaching. But, as she likes to tell her incredulous students, “The Interweb wasn’t even invented when I got my teaching degree!” To keep her skills and knowledge fresh, she reads the latest journals and attends conferences. But she’s always looking for other resources to learn more about new techniques and approaches.
Loretta and many other teachers are on the hunt for professional development resources to support their lifelong learning in the field of education. Now you can provide them with easy-to-use electronic resources that give them instant access to content that will support their professional development.
Consider supporting teachers with resources that can help guide their development and enhance their teaching skills.
- GVRL eBooks — provide 24/7, anytime/anywhere access to titles from these esteemed publishers on an award-winning platform:
- ASCD delivers research-based best practices for professional development to help administrators and teachers improve instruction and support student achievement. ASCD eBooks allow educational leaders to make 21st-century learning a reality in every school or district.
- Corwin Press is a premier publisher of professional development resources that help hone the teaching skills of K12 educators and improve classroom outcomes. Their titles equip educators with innovative tools to improve both teaching and learning.
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) provides specialized professional development resources to technology leaders and teachers to help keep them abreast of the most up-to-date technology, strategies, equipment, services, research, and best practices on integrating technology into the classroom.
- Gale Courses — instructor-led, six-week online courses to support teachers’ professional skill development for those teaching students from preschool to adults, in subjects from grammar to math. Courses are taught by college instructors and other experts, ensuring a high-quality, high-impact educational experience. Here are a few of many courses for teachers:
- Using the Internet in the Classroom
- Common Core Standards for English Language Arts K-5
- Teaching Students With Learning Disabilities
- Solving Classroom Discipline Problems
- Guided Reading: Strategies for the Differentiated Classroom
- Other electronic resources, such as Educator’s Reference Complete, which provides full-text periodical content covering education from preschool to college and every educational specialty—including technology, bilingual education, health education, and testing. Exclusive features, including Topic Finder, InterLink, and a mobile-optimized interface, enhance the search experience.