Looking for some fun summer workshops? Get crafty! Check out these “13 Bookish Crafts Perfect to Make this Summer.” Personally, I love the jewelry most, but how amazing would it be to hang a chandelier made from book pages in your library?
These hands-on activities appeal to teens and adults, alike. Invite them in for a how-to workshop. If you need to kick up your skill level a notch or two to help you (or them) get started, stock up on these crafty titles:
- Idiot’s Guides: Knitting
- Idiot’s Guides: Sewing
- Jewelry Making and Beading For Dummies, 2nd Edition
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Beading Basics
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Knitting
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Making Metal Jewelry
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Needlework
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Quilting Basics
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Sewing
Make a flier promoting the eBooks you have available, print it out and share with workshop attendees so they know how to reference the guides as they continue their hobby from home. You can also take advantage of GVRL’s unlimited simultaneous usage to have attendees consult these step-by-step style eBooks as they go–have them bring their own device (or check out yours). Just promise you’ll come back and share photos if you decide to make the Harry Potter shoes!
Harmony is Gale’s Marketing Director for Public Libraries. She has an M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications and 13 years’ experience in the publishing industry. She loves her husband, 15-month old son, craft beer and Pinterest.