April is National Car Care Month and America has a serious love affair with cars. According to The World Bank, there are 786 motor vehicles per 1,000 people in the US – the highest ratio in the world. The birthplace of mass automobile manufacturing remains its stronghold. And for a large number of car-owners, maintaining and servicing their own vehicle is part of the fun; for others, it’s a necessity.
For patrons looking for do-it-yourself auto repair and maintenance information, you can’t beat the venerable Chilton’s repair manuals. Car-lovers have depended on these sources for dependable, up-to-date information since Kaisers roared down the street. Today auto enthusiasts of all skill levels can access auto repair information in ChiltonLibrary, the continually updated online resource.
ChiltonLibrary provides access to repair, maintenance, and service information on cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs, with videos, photos, and animations, step-by-step procedures, and other in-demand features. Recent product enhancements include:
- Mobile Optimized to allow 24/7 access from any electronic device at the library, home or on-the-go.
- The Labor Time Estimator Tool, which helps users estimate repair costs and timing and understand what work should be included in the estimate.
- ASE Technician Sample Tests — short sample tests that provide a high-level assessment of overall readiness to pass an ASE certification exam.
- ReadSpeaker® Text-to-Speech technology in the Repair and Bulletin/Recalls sections that lets users hear the article read out loud, as the words spoken are highlighted on the screen.
- New Content from Ford and Chrysler with full service information on 1996-2015 model Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars, SUVs, vans, and trucks and 2011-2015 model Chrysler, Dodge, Ram and Jeep cars, SUVs, vans, and trucks.
- MARC Records allow you to fully integrate auto repair information into your library’s catalog and make it easy for patrons to find.
In addition to expected maintenance information, ChiltonLibrary provides the latest recall information – helping car-owners a way to pinpoint recalls for specific makes and models, and to keep their travels safe.
With ChiltonLibrary, you can be your community’s source for all maintenance and car care questions during National Car Care Month.
Take it out for a spin
Request a free trial today or see for yourself how it handles in a real road test.