Amy is nowhere near retirement age. But she’s determined to put together a solid plan that will allow her to retire early and travel. She wants to learn more about investment options and learn some of the terminology, but she’s stymied. Should she put her money in the stock market, which seems a little volatile? Invest in real estate, which seems to be rebounding quickly? Where to begin?
A recent study shows that only 40% of US adults keep a budget and track their spending. In fact, some 76% of American families say they live paycheck to paycheck, only have saved less than three months’ worth of expenses.1 The need for financial literacy and effective planning is enormous.
Amy and others in your community are looking to take charge of their finances and plan for a strong financial future. But they need expert information.
Give your patrons the resources they need to better manage their money – from beginners to savvy financiers. These sources are available 24/7 from anywhere, so patron questions can be answered even late at night, when they are sitting down to work on their budgets.
- Business Insights: Essentials – Detailed company profiles and histories, industry and association profiles, market research and market share reports, rankings, SWOT analyses, interviews, and more.
- Instructor-led, six-week-long Gale Courses, including:
- Keys to Successful Money Management
- Personal Finance
- Real Estate Investing
- Introduction to Stock Options
- Stocks, Bonds, and Investing: Oh My!
- Where Does All My Money Go?
- eBooks – Our award-winning eBook platform allows users to search across all eBooks at one time. So, patrons can find expert information from many validated reference sources in one sitting – either in the library or from the comfort of their own home. And, for those who prefer to access from their mobile device, they can download information in PDF format directly to their eReader.
- In The Trading Cockpit with the O’Neil Disciples: Strategies that Made Us 18,000% in the Stock Market — a step-by-step instruction guide to implementing Morales and Kacher’s trading methods into your home trading system, written by two successful O’Neil insiders.
- Estate and Trust Administration for Dummies — shows readers how to navigate the probate process and estate taxes, settle debts and bequests, fund a trust, and comply with tax regulations.
- Transform Tomorrow: Awakening the Super Saver in Pursuit of Retirement Readiness —investigates why many Americans are at risk of out-living their savings and proposes a design for a retirement readiness campaign that individuals, employers, industry, and government will want to support.
- Do More, Spend Less: The New Secrets of Living the Good Life for Less — provides tips, advice, real-world examples, and strategies consumers need to know to compete in the consumer world.
- Getting Started in Stock Investing and Trading: Illustrated Edition — popular, easy-to-use guide to understanding and investing in stocks; combines basic and non-technical explanations with illustrations, definitions in context, examples, charts, key points, and valuable resources including online supplemental learning tools.
1Bera, Sophia.“The Scary State of Financial Literacy in America.” Daily Finance. 18 Apr.2014.