Analytics On Demand is moving off the Alteryx server and will undergo some look and feel enhancements. The new site will be available today, December 3, 2014. With this change, we’re also adding free bonus apps and a collaboration site for users.
What This Means for Users
The access point, or URL, to the Analytics On Demand admin site with your library’s apps will change to: http://analytics.gale.com/gallery.
- You will receive multiple emails regarding access to apps.
- Any reports that you may have saved on the Alteryx server will NOT migrate to the new Analytics On Demand admin site. Report files saved on the Alteryx server will no longer be available as of December 31, 2014.
- Save any report files that are currently on the Alteryx server to your hard drive, or a shared drive as you see fit.
- Re-join the new Analytics On Demand admin site. We recommend using the same login email and password that you previously used.
- Bookmark the new link http://analytics.gale.com/gallery). The old site (http://gallery.alteryx.com) will NOT redirect.
Enhancements to Existing Apps
- More from Mosaic: Mosaic clusters are now hyperlinked to full descriptions.
- Enhanced filters: Now at the top/bottom for users and activity dates.
- Geography upgrade: Ability to use GIS files from Google Maps, ESRI ArcGIS, and MapInfo. Maps have also been enhanced to show street names and schools.
- Simplified experience: App input screens are streamlined.
- For Collection Intelligence and eBook & Audiobook apps
- Consolidation: Running apps will no longer be a two-part process.
- Reduction of page count: Reports will only include significant info. For example: Borrows > 1% will not be included.
The new Analytics On Demand admin site will also include easy access to some free apps.
- Twitter Tracker: This app returns a list of tweets on searched keywords, as well as the tweeter’s profile information, a count of results per keyword searched, and the #hashtags related to your searched terms.
- Word Cloud: See the key words defining your library based on your Analytics On Demand
- Profiling for Google AdWords: To optimize your Google AdWord placements by aligning your target demographic profiles with AdWord placement purchases.
Based on feedback, we’re launching an Analytics On Demand collaboration site for public library users.
- It’s a secure place intended for discussion and sharing best practices, reports, and examples.
- The site is based in Microsoft SharePoint and will require a login.
- You will receive an email from with the subject: Stefanski, Carrie A has invited you to ‘Public Analytics’. To opt in and collaborate, click the link and follow the prompts to set up a Microsoft account.
- Analytics On Demand User Guide: The AOD user guide has been updated and is now linked to each app description.
- Analytics On Demand Collaboration Site: This site requires setup before it can be accessed. It’s also linked in the free apps section.
- Your Customer Care Consultant