Gale is continually updating and adding new content to our In Context products, ensuring that they offer timely, authoritative, useful information. The items below were added or updated during the week of March 2, 2015.
- Five new homepage spotlights:
- Leonard Nimoy, best known for his role as the pointy-eared Vulcan Mr. Spock in the Star Trek television series of the 1960s. Nimoy passed away on February 27th.
- Martin Luther King, Jr., in honor of the 50th anniversary of the marches in Selma, AL that led to the Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Actress Julianne Moore, who recently won the Academy Award for her work in the film Still Alice
- The late Sally Ride, the first American woman in space, who supported science education for girls (in honor of Women’s History Month)
- Petro Poroshenko, who controversially took office as President of Ukraine in 2014 and is leading his country through the ongoing conflict with Russian-backed seperatists
- Featured Video: Amelia Earhart
- One new portal launched in this week for Alejandro González Iñárritu, the Oscar-winning director of the film Birdman
- Three new portal pages nowappear:
- Canada under British Rule
- Roméo Dallaire, a retired Canadian senator and army general, and a political activist who is also known as an active lecturer, peace activist, and award-winning author.
- Quebec Literature
- Three portal pages have also been updated:
- Canada at War
- First Nations
- Rufus Wainwright
- 42 portal pageshave been updated this week, including:
- Google-China Feud
- Identity Theft
- Islamic State
- Public Health and Infectious Disease
- United States: Climate Policy
About the Author
Geoff is a Renaissance man, who can often be found reading about obscure historical topics, working on cars, or debating world affairs. He comes from a family of teachers and has a BA in communications.