July is National UV Safety Month. Bring sun safety awareness to your library community with the following quick and easy ideas.
For many more resources, check out our complete posting for July National UV Safety Month. And for future planning, check out August National Immunization Awareness Month, and September National Cholesteral Awareness Month.
Quick and Easy
Printable Coloring Pages, Puzzles, Games, Activity Booklets, Bookmarks, and Educational Materials:
- Slip, Slop, Slap & Wrap from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Be Sun Safe from the Canadian Dermatology Association
- Year-Round Sun Safety from Health Canada
Puzzles and Activities:
- “SunSmart with Sid” full color activity booklet
- Sun Safety maze from the Weather Channel
- Shine a Light on Safety hidden picture puzzle from the Weather Channel
- (Sun) Block of Hidden Words from the Weather Channel
- Living With Sunshine word search from CHealth
- Be Sun Wise! crossword puzzles from the EPA: version 1, version 2, version 3
- SunWise Sun Scramble from the EPA
- Mission: Sunwise activity booklet from the EPA
- SPF Math: Sun Protection Factor – story problems from The Weather Channel
- How to Stay SunSafe Bookmarks – full color bookmarks to print
- Slip, Slop, Slap & Wrap stickers to print from the EPA
- Sun Safe Certificate to print
Sun Safety Reference Information Links:
- What IS the Ultra Violet (UV) Index? Reliable information from the National Weather Service
- What is today’s UV forecast in my state? A map updated daily by the National Weather Service.
- What is tomorrow’s UV forecast in my city? A daily bulletin from the National Weather Service.
- Are there any UV alerts in my area? A map updated daily by the National Weather Service.
- What is today’s UV index Forecast in other countries?
- Is skin cancer becoming more common or less common? Information from the American Academy of Dermatology