The ALA program (as always) is jam-packed with famous keynote authors and actors, hundreds of sessions addressing all the hot topics facing the library world today, and a hall full of exhibitors who are pulling out all the stops to bring the glitz and glory of Vegas to the tradeshow floor. It’s almost too much excitement for one attendee to bear.
And yet, outside the walls of the Las Vegas Convention Center and various hotel meeting rooms, there is an entire city bustling with activity 24/7. Since you’ll be short on free time (and maybe energy), you’ll want to make sure you’re making the most of every minute.
DK and Gale can help. Now through July 7, three great Las Vegas travel guides are available for free to you on our award-winning GVRL eBook platform. GVRL’s new online book browsing experience really brings these visually stunning guides to life.
- Pocket Rough Guide to Las Vegas—A condensed view of the key sights with great maps and summaries
- Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Las Vegas—provides background information on Las Vegas, describes the culture and history, and recommends restaurants, entertainment and outdoor activities (which frankly, you may want to avoid, because it’s going to be 1,000,000 degrees)
- Rough Guide to Las Vegas—Learn tips for saving your way through Sin City with this guidebook, which presents Las Vegas attractions and restaurants through the lens of various budgets
Use GVRL’s bells and whistles to easily turn your research into an itinerary:
- Cross-search all three titles or browse each eBook cover-to-cover within the online interface (very iPad friendly, too!)
- Find the article, map, or “best-of” list that you like and use the print, email or download features to save it for offline reference (Pro Tip: Check out the Offbeat Exhibits article. You can investigate a CSI-style murder mystery at the MGM Grand!)
- Pressed for time between now and takeoff? Download the articles in MP3 format to listen while you commute to work (or Vegas)
Booklist reviewed DK’s travel guides in the April issue: “DK travel guides are as brilliantly illustrated as they are rigorously helpful.”
Experience the brilliance for yourself [desktop/tablet or smartphone] and swing by booth #1303 to let us know what you’ve planned—while you’re there, catch a show from our aerialist or play our custom slot machine for a chance to win $200!