Redesigned student portal means better learning experience for students
Gale and Smart Horizons Career Online Education (SHCOE) are excited to announce that a new and improved Learning Management System (LMS) will launch June 8, 2018. The redesigned student portal includes enhancements to enrich the student learning experience. All Career Online High School students will benefit from this upgrade, which will make their educational experience more engaging, relevant, and accessible.
Upon login, students will see a streamlined LMS that is easier to navigate with better content and resources. (The actual classes will not be affected.) Improvements include:
- New coach directory with one-click contact options
- Pacing and date info to help students stay on track
- Newly designed look and feel
- Better navigation
- Updated resources to help learners be successful
- “Career & College Corner” to help with planning next steps
- Student Lounge to enhance the feeling of community
- Clear info on transcripts, transfer credit, and graduation
In an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement, the SHCOE team collected feedback from stakeholders including students, coaches, staff, and partners to identify areas of priority.
We look forward to a seamless launch and are here to offer support as needed. For questions or help, students can contact their academic coach. Libraries should direct questions or feedback to Vanessa Craig, Career Online High School program liaison at email@example.com or 800-877-4253 x18250.
Through Career Online High School, public libraries can deliver accredited high school diplomas and career certificates to adults in their communities. It’s currently offered at more than 120 libraries across the country. To learn more, visit gale.com/cohs.