Cengage has a critical role to play in providing quality, inclusive learning materials that empower progress and combat ignorance. As one of the largest education companies in the world, and a global employer, we are taking action to advance inclusion and diversity efforts in our workplaces, communities and the education experiences we provide to learners and educators. We do this because it’s the right thing to do: for our customers, our employees and our business.
At Cengage, transparency and collaboration are core values. Creating an inclusive environment for our 4,500 employees across 44 countries is necessary to provide diverse perspectives in our education materials and foster inclusive learning experiences. We also recognize the importance of fostering trust and respect among our employees, and ensuring that individuals at all levels of the organization feel comfortable voicing their ideas and opinions. We are committed to tearing down the barriers that exist in the current education system, and helping all students achieve their dreams by developing affordable learning products and services that are inclusive of all identities, experiences, and other forms of difference.
We recognize the immense responsibility we have, and are committed to a programmatic and sustainable approach that ensures inclusion and diversity are core tenants of our culture and our business.
At Gale, a Cengage company, we put our talk into action. We believe that sustainable and meaningful change must happen from the inside out, so we’re focused on the processes, learning and development that will create a more inclusive culture where all employees feel seen, heard and valued—and ensuring that extends into the experiences we create for our learners. This work will fuel our commitment to harnessing the strength of our content, platforms, and programs to improve the research and teaching of social issues.
Some of our current projects include:
- Audits of content across our products to identify and correct for biased language, for example, shifting “slave” to “enslaved person”.
- Product enhancements such as allowing for non-binary gender biographical and metadata within Gale Literature and the addition of Haitian Creole, Swahili, and Nepalese to our language translations.
- Reviews and processes in progress to update and create marketing and sales campaigns that are more inclusive and diverse.
- Continued strategy of publishing around social issues like race, gender, public health and more, with alignment as appropriate to the Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards and Anti-Defamation League’s Anti-Bias Curriculum.
- Ongoing training, development, and support for our employees so that they can fully embody our values in the work they do day-to-day.
It is only through understanding the history and context of civil rights and social issues that today’s learners can truly create a better future. As an industry leader, we are committed to transparency in our journey, and are dedicated to driving this work forward as advocates and activists for positive change in our world.
For more on how we prioritize equity in our curation practices, please visit gale.com/curation-practices.نمشي , adidas bold age leggings girls dance studio – تسوق تشكيلة اديداس اوريجينالز للأطفال مع تخفيضات 25 – 75% أونلاين في السعودية | Error 503 – Service Unavailable