| By Gale Staff |
In light of the nationwide library closures and the sudden virtual transition brought on by COVID-19, we have had to temporarily shift our publishing program. Effective May 1, 2020, Thorndike Press reduced the number of publications scheduled and placing many standing orders on pause. We hope to resume a more robust publishing schedule as demand increases later in the year. In the meantime, here’s a closer look at these short-term shifts.
Bestseller Standing Order Plans will continue to be published:
- Basic: The most popular blockbuster bestsellers, award-winners, and up-and-coming authors. Most are simultaneous publications.
- Core: This blend of current bestsellers and well-reviewed fiction adds depth and breadth with works by highly acclaimed authors and many simultaneous publications.
- Wheeler Hardcover: Consists of a mix of top-circulating genres aimed at pleasing a wide readership with many simultaneous publications.
- Editor’s Choice: Our editors search our top bestselling plans to find the new titles most likely to show up on your reserve list.
- Publisher’s Showcase: Titles chosen from existing plans by our Publisher‚ Jamie Knobloch, guaranteed to be a hit with your large print patrons.
- Distribution: As a special service to our customers‚ we distribute bestselling and popular large print titles printed by other publishers.
- Sim Pub Club: A collection of the bestselling authors we are releasing simultaneously in large print with the standard print edition from the original publisher.
- Paperback Bestsellers: The top New York Times bestsellers and bestselling authors in a softcover format, released simultaneously with the original publishers’ paperback.
- YA/Crossover: The best of young adult literature‚ designed for reading levels from grades 9 through 12. These are high appeal titles with adult crossover potential.
- Middle Reader: Large print appropriate for ages 9–14 and grades 3–8.
This means Thorndike Press will continue to produce large print best sellers and simultaneous publications, approximately 35 titles per month, from May – July 2020. Access monthly catalogs >>
Standing Order Plans scheduled to pause through July 2020:
- African American
- Biography and Memoir
- Christian Fiction
- Christian Romance
- Cozy Mysteries
- Hardcover Genre Value
- Wheeler Western
- Wheeler Cozy Mystery
Standing Order Plans scheduled to pause indefinitely:
- Bill’s Bookshelf
- Christian Historical Fiction
- Christian Mystery
- Christian Select
- Clean Reads
- Gentle Romance
- Harlequin Romance
- Historical Fiction
- Lifestyle (formerly Health, Home, and Learning)
- Mystery Sampler
- Peer Picks
- Relationship Reads
- Reviewer’s Choice
- Silhouette Romance
- Softcover Genre Value
- Women’s Fiction
The Thorndike Press editorial team will continually monitor market demand and make adjustments as we are able. Customers will be notified via email and this blog post will be updated to reflect current offerings.
May-June catalogs have been updated to reflect current availability.
The May catalog—emailed on March 10, 2020—has been updated. See May 2020 New & Notable Titles.
The June catalog—emailed on April 15, 2020—has been updated. See June 2020 New & Notable Titles.
The July catalog is also available for your reference. See July 2020 New & Notable Titles.
If you have any questions, please contact an available Thorndike Press account manager.Air Force 1