ISTE delivers professional development resources for school leaders and teachers, focusing on the most up-to-date technology strategies, equipment, research, and best practices for integration in the classroom.
Discover 12 titles—in one comprehensive collection—recently added to GVRL.
- Media Literacy in the K-12 Classroom
- The Future-Ready Challenge: Improve Student Outcomes in 18 Weeks
- The Technology Coordinator’s Handbook
- Learning First, Technology Second: The Educator’s Guide to Designing Authentic Lessons
- Gamify Literacy: Boost Comprehension, Collaboration and Learning
- No Fear Coding: Computational Thinking Across the K-5 Curriculum
- Mobile Learning Mindset
- -The Parent’s Guide to Supporting Digital Age Learners
- -The IT Professional’s Guide to Implementation
- -The Coach’s Guide to Implementation
- -The Teacher’s Guide to Implementation
- -The District Leader’s Guide to Implementation
- -Mobile Learning Mindset: The Principal’s Guide to Implementation
Gamify Literacy: Boost Comprehension, Collaboration and Learning
By: Michele Haiken
Literacy is at the heart of education, and what better way to teach this important subject than through the motivational techniques built into gamification? With Gamify Literacy, teacher Michele Haiken brings together top educators and gaming professionals to share gamification strategies, demonstrating how teachers can use gaming tools and activities to improve literacy and content learning. This friendly, accessible guide provides classroom educators and tech coaches with tips and inspiration on how to apply gaming techniques to improve literacy and deepen student collaboration and critical thinking. This book includes: tips for implementing gaming techniques to engage and motivate students; fun and engaging design to complement a game-based approach to learning; and examples that can easily be modified for different grade levels.
Interested in taking a closer look at the newest professional development collections available on GVRL? Get the complete list or request a quote by contacting your Gale Representative.