Libraries are beautiful—inside and out and they improve the lives of those who use them. In honor of National Library Week, let’s celebrate the value of libraries. Show how your library makes your community a brighter place and your library could win $2,500!
Now through Friday, March 28, 2014, submit a picture to any of the 5 categories below and your library could win big.
- Most Unique Structure/Art Installation – Is there a piece of art or sculpture that’s always a topic of conversation at your library?
- Greatest Historical Treasure – Whether it’s your building itself or a particular part of your collection, we’d love to hear the story behind its historical significance.
- Most Modern Architecture – There’s nothing wrong with tradition; show off your 21st century look.
- Coolest Internal Space – From a whimsical children’s space to a hip teen area, tech hub, or academic retreat, share why patrons flock to enter and are reluctant to leave.
- Best Curb Appeal – Show us what your library looks like from the road and why it’s making people stop in their tracks—and come in.
- One winner per category will be awarded a $500 prize.
- One grand prize winner will be awarded Best in Show and a $2,500 prize.
- One honorable mention per category will receive an 11″ x 14″ matted and framed print of the entered photograph.
The contest is in an effort to celebrate National Library Week! Voting takes place April 2-9. Winners will be announced during National Library Week, April 13-19. Be sure to visit contest page to vote for your favorite library photo. Encourage others to vote as well.
A Gale representative, along with a panel of judges — experts in art, architecture, and design — will narrow the submissions to a top 5 per category, after which the nominees will be encouraged to share their image for popular vote. Popular vote will select category and overall winners.