Keisha is busy. In addition to being a mom, volunteering at the school, and working full time as a customer service representative, she’s looking for opportunities to advance her skills and move into a better job. A few co-workers have moved into management, but she’s been told she doesn’t have the background needed to be promoted. With school-aged kids and a 40-hour work week, Keisha’s schedule doesn’t accommodate traditional classes.
You’ve probably met Keisha – or a goal-getter just like her – in your library. To meet her needs, you can connect her with dozens of resources that can help her sharpen professional skills and pursue new opportunities for herself…and her family. All directly from your library website. Online learning programs, eBooks, and other resources are available 24/7 to answer questions and help members of your community expand their professional horizons (and earning opportunities).
Gale Courses provide an instructor-led online learning experience with in-depth knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Accounting: Accounting Fundamentals (I & II)
- Communication: Effective Business Writing, Keys to Effective Communication, Mastering Public Speaking
- Job search: Resume Writing Workshop, Twelve Steps to a Successful Job Search
- Management and leadership: Building Teams that Work, Fundamentals of Supervision and Management (I & II), Leadership, Managing Customer Service
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing Applications, Manufacturing Fundamentals
- Marketing: Business and Marketing Writing, Marketing Your Business on the Internet, Marketing Your Nonprofit
- Project management: Project Management Applications, Project Management Fundamentals
- Sales: Effective Selling, Professional Sales Skills
- Software training, including:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel 2010
- Intermediate-level training for: CSS3 and HTML5, Dreamweaver CS5, Flash CS5, InDesign CS5, Java Programming, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft Word 2010, and Photoshop CS6
- Introductory-level training for: Dreamweaver CS5, Flash CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5, Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Publisher 2010, Microsoft Word 2010, Photoshop CS5, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Website creation: Creating Web Pages, Designing Effective Websites
- And other professional topics:
- Achieving Success with Difficult People
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Distribution and Logistics Management
- Get Assertive!
- Intermediate Networking
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Nonprofit Management
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Stock Options
- Keys to Successful Money Management
- Mastery of Business Fundamentals
- Purchasing Fundamentals
- Skills for Making Great Decisions
- Stocks, Bonds, and Investing: Oh My!
- Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Wireless Networking
Likewise, professional expertise can come from these relevant eBooks (and more than 200 more):
- Key Skills for Professionals, 1st Edition
Readers will learn management tools and theories in plain language using practical exercises, realistic and relevant case studies and tools for analyzing self-awareness, communication styles, financial and commercial awareness and effective writing.
- The 8 Steps to Strategic Success, 1st Edition
Strategy is the process of developing the corporate future. But sometimes, it doesn’t seem to work. This book presents a new eight-step process for creating a strategy that delivers success.
- Thought Leadership, 1st Edition
Case studies and personal insight provide unique perspectives and a deep understanding ofthought leadership — its history, its purpose, its future, and how you can make thought leadership work for you.
- Confidence at Work 2nd Edition
Become bold, charismatic and influential at work by understanding and applying leading theories and insights provided by the authors. Case studies provide relatable, real-life applications.