| By Gale Staff |
Did you know nearly half of Gen Z plan to become entrepreneurs? 41% of Gen Zers plan to start their own business and 17% of university students plan to start a business before graduation, regardless of their major. Recently, we surveyed an entrepreneurial creativity class to assess their comfort level with business planning.
The results (below) reveal the students’ discomfort with business planning prior to using resources:
Dr. Eric Fretz, professor at the University of Michigan, will explain his approach to teaching non-business students to prepare them to be entrepreneurs in the “How to Empower Student Entrepreneurs” webinar on March 21, 2019 at 12 p.m. ET, sponsored by NACCE and powered by Gale. Through his approach, Dr. Fretz will elaborate on how he teaches his students leadership, emotional intelligence, and group interaction skills.
- Trends and the importance of providing students with tools and information regarding entrepreneurship.
- Personal attributes students should develop to become entrepreneurs.
- How technology/tools can help students develop a business plan and conduct market research even when they have no formal training.
- Eric Fretz, Professor, University of Michigan
- Michele LaMeau, Product Manager II, Business – Gale, a Cengage Company
Additionally, Dr. Fretz will discuss tools he has implemented to help students develop a business plan when they have no business planning skills or background, such as Gale Small Business Builder.