Gale Directory Library has undergone significant updates to improve its user experience which will take effect on the 17th of April. The addition of essential workflow tools and expanded data sorting, filtering, and exporting will make this popular collection of online directories easier to use than ever before.
We’re excited to introduce the following enhancements to Gale Directory Library:
- Cover images now display for each series and include a description of the content within.
- Cover images link to an “About this Series” page where a user can search against the most recent edition or entire series. They can also select individual editions within a series, and see an “About this Publication” page.
- New tools now included in the product: Search History, Highlights and Notes, My Folder, Bookmark, and Title List.
- Users can download to Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, locally, or via email.
- Combined export now includes Common, Expanded, and People options from the same screen. Delivery options are also included.
- Now able to export up to 1,000 records per export from the user’s search results. Range can be input (e.g. 1,000-2,000) to export subsequent records.
- Relevance added to basic search—closer matches sort to the top of the search results list.
- Options that may have been confusing were removed (Entity Name, Subject, Keyword) and combined into a single basic search.
- Simplified product selection enables users to cross search content.
- Browsable search indexes are available that allow users to select search terms from a drop-down menu or make check-box selections.
- Industry codes (SIC/NAICS) prompt a selection window to pop up, which makes it easier for the user to browse and select the right code.
Find below, a list of titles migrating to the new experience on April 17:
Below, find the complete list of directories that have been discontinued (will not publish a new edition) and will not be moved over to the new product experience. This means that after April 2018, you will need to access these titles via MARC records, as well as on support.gale.com. These titles will also remain available on the legacy (old) platform for approximately one year after the cut over and can be accessed here: http://gdl.galegroup.com/gdl (NOTE: you will need to log-in with your institution’s ID and password). You will also retain the data files provided through Overdrive on gale.bookaisle.com with your purchase.
|American Wholesalers and Distributors Directory|
|Awards, Honors & Prizes|
|Directories in Print|
|Gale Directory of Databases|
|Information Industry Directory|
|Law and Legal Information Directory|
|Melton’s Encyclopedia of American Religions|
|National Email and Fax Directory|
|Graham and Whiteside Major Companies (series)|
|Carroll’s Government Directories (series)|
Not a subscriber to Gale Directory Library? Request a trial today!