Newly added to Smithsonian Primary Sources in U.S. History: 175 primary sources (text and images) with curriculum correlations for easy integration into the classroom workflow. Content has been added across the eras, but especially boosts coverage in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries.
New text items include:
- U.S. responses to the Holocaust during World War II, including the Statement Issued by American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee Re: Refugees Aboard SS St. Louis
- Items associated with Watergate, including “The Smoking Gun” tape transcript.
- An excerpt from The Starr Report, associated with the Clinton impeachment.
- Excerpts from Supreme Court opinions
- Supreme Court Obamacare Decision
- Obergefell v. Hodges (same-sex marriage case)
- Coverage of the principles associated with the Tea Party movement.
New images include:
- Additional product advertisements that shed light on life in the first half of the twentieth century.
- An image associated with Watergate: Twelve Picklocks Used by Watergate Burglars.
- Political cartoons associated with Watergate, Jimmy Carter, and Ken Starr’s investigation of Bill Clinton.
- Images associated with the women‘s and gay rights movements.
- A photo of Ryan White, whose struggle with AIDS brought awareness to the crisis in the 1980s.
- An image associated with the Obama presidency: Update on the Mission Against Osama bin Laden.