| By Gale Staff |
Enhancements to improve your immediate online ordering experience are underway. We will be communicating additional enhancements as they roll out in a phased approach.
November 6 Update
Although critical issues have been resolved,
- Wish List pricing and the ability to move items to the shopping cart have temporarily been suspended through November 12, 2018, as our development team works to improve functionality. To inquire about pricing or purchase items in your Wish List during this time, please download your Wish List and send to your Library Sales Consultant with your desired direction.
- Slowness and intermittent errors have been reported by a handful of customers. The development team is actively working to optimize backend processing to improve performance. These issues are difficult to duplicate, so if you are able to share with Gale Customer Service, it would be most appreciated.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued patience.
As of July 1, you will notice:
- Quick and accurate invoice association
- Streamlined checkout
- A new look and feel with Gale branding. Please note, when you are in your Thorndike Press My Account, the Thorndike Press logo will be visible. If you do not see the Thorndike Press logo, you are in the Gale catalog.
Unfortunately, the enhancement process has caused issues with some functionality:
- Shipping. Free shipping is standard with all Thorndike Press orders. The addition of automatic shipping charges was resolved as of September 28, 2018.
- Library’s Choice Plan Discounts. Currently, LCP discounts are not automatically generating; customers will need to enter a promo code. If you do not know your promo code, contact your Library Sales Consultant.
- Wish Lists. This functionality has been restored as of September 15, 2018; however, Wish Lists created before July 2018 are no longer available through My Account. If you need to view a Wish List created before July 2018, contact your Library Sales Consultant.
- Invoices. This functionality has been restored regardless of login route as of September 28, 2018
- Promo Codes. Promo code functionality has been restored as of August 20, 2018.
- Login. If you are unable to login to your My Account, please contact Gale Customer Service.
If any of the restored features are not working for you, we recommend you clear your cache and use this direct link to www.gale.com/thorndike.
If you have bookmarked the Thorndike Press site in your browser, we recommend that you edit your bookmark to direct to: www.gale.com/thorndike.
If you experience any additional issues while ordering, please contact Gale Customer Service and provide as much detail as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience as we work to deliver a better customer experience.