In addition to a more modern look and feel for the interface, the Biography and Genealogy Master Index will include the following enhancements as of July 2:
- Expert, or Advanced CCS searching, as part of the advanced search screen, providing assistance with constructing personalized query language
- Ability to re-run and revise any previous search made during a session
- Well-organized entries in search results, i.e., alphabetically by last name and then by birth/death years
- Marked items automatically added to your marked items folder rather than using the previous “update marked list” button
- Dictionary function within the interface
- Infomark tool allows users to return to a set of search results or document within the product
- Links can be emailed or copied
- Accessibly for users that utilize a screen readers such as JAWS or NVDA
More than 15 million citations are included in the Biography and Genealogy Master Index to help students easily determine which publication to consult for biographical information.
- Contains names, birth/ death years, bibliographic references to books containing material on that person, and an indication of which books or articles include a portrait.
- Indexed sources include biographical dictionaries and who’s whos, subject encyclopedias, volumes of literary criticism, and indexes.
- Also includes sources that restrict coverage to specialized areas, such as education/science, history, literature, religion, politics, performing arts, visual arts, and more.
- Cross-references appearing in indexed publications have been retained to further aid research.
Don’t have Biography and Genealogy Master Index, but want to see these changes? Sign up for free instant access.
If you have the need for even more rich life stories, you may also be interested in our leading biography resource—Biography In Context. For more information, call us today at 1-800-877-GALE.