| By Gale Staff |
ICYMI: 2020 Enhancements
Recent updates have expanded the test-taking platform and career tools available within Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep, formerly Testing and Education Reference Center.
Test-Taking Experience Improvements
Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep has integrated Desire2Learn, an online learning platform and recognized brand in the learning management system space.
This migration builds a foundation that will allow Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep to better foster personalized, outcomes-based learning solutions in the future, including:
- WCAG 2.1 compliance (accessibility features)
- Mobile-first design (responsive interface)
- Simplified user flow
- Increased video content
- Direct links remain
The new, streamlined testing environment helps users gain a better sense of their progress through an exam by grouping questions and providing a high-level view of total pages. This also makes it easier for users to edit their answers and check work throughout their test-taking experience.
After a practice test is submitted, users can view their results using a similar grouped format and choose to either view or hide feedback.
A new résumé tool is available through a partnership with VisualCV, a well-established consumer service for helping people create effective résumés and cover letters. Through this integration of VisualCV Resume Creator, Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep users gain access to:
- 18 default templates for creating well-designed résumés, with additional textual examples provided by industry and experience level.
- Various editing options, including a text-based form editor, a visual editor, and the ability to upload existing résumés.
- A cover letter editor with three sample templates.
- A website editor to quickly create a website for their résumé, which can be shared with potential employers.
- An external library of 5,000 résumé examples across varied industries, which can be uploaded into Resume Creator.
- A mobile-optimized experience.
Product Family Now Includes Career Prep
Gale is introducing a new career product in partnership with Peterson’s: Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep—makingthree options available:
- Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep (formerly Testing and Education Reference Center) which includes the Virtual Career Library and résumé builder features.
- Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep, which provides a full suite of tools in support of individuals seeking employment. See the list below.
- Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test and Career Prep (formerly referred to as Testing and Education Reference Center with Career Module). Libraries that subscribe to both products will have a single user experience.
Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep will debut in late August and includes the following features:
- Career Assessments: Personalized assessments focus on helping users explore and prioritize their interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences.
- VisualCV Resume Creator:* This powerful tool allows users to create visually interesting résumés and cover letters. Prebuilt templates provide guidance on how to organize résumé information, and sample résumés help to target résumés for different job types. Users can even create “websites” to share their résumés externally with prospective employers. Find more details above under the Résumé Writing tool header.
- College Recommendations: Users interested in pursuing secondary education can view a list of schools offering programs that align with their assessment results. There’s also an option to connect directly with admissions offices.
- Virtual Career Library:* Includes helpful articles and tips focused on writing résumés and cover letters, networking, and interviewing. Content is written in a friendly, conversational tone. Bonus worksheets and workbooks can be downloaded for patrons who want to dig deeper into career exploration or their assessment results.
- Job Search: Provided by Indeed.com, job listings are updated daily, and users can filter the listings to view jobs that they might be best suited for based on their assessment results.
- Worksheets: New supplemental tools, including articles, worksheets, and workbooks, help users interpret their assessment results and prepare for entering the workforce.
- Occupational Database: Now features a larger career library and more targeted search tools. Users can search for information on careers or industries of interest, view recommended careers based on their assessment results, or match military experience to new career paths.
- Career Overviews: Detailed job overviews now include videos, salary projections, job outlook, and more.
- Updated Design:* The interface has been refreshed with a new, visually appealing design to help drive user engagement.
- Mobile Responsive:* All features are fully optimized for use on a mobile device.
*Features marked by an asterisk are also available in Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep.
New career features are licensed from PathwayU, a career counseling organization that looks beyond finding a job to focus on helping people target fulfilling careers that align with their interests and values.
Want to see these enhancements in action?
Watch this video highlighting Career
Assessment and résumé tools.
Do you already have Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep and want to add Career Prep? Contact your sales representative. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your customer success manager.Nike nike air 2012 korea china free shipping tracking Shield