Gale is continually updating and adding new content to our In Context products, ensuring that they offer timely, authoritative, useful information. The items below were added or updated during the week of October 20, 2014.
Biography in Context
- New Homepage Video and Spotlight added for George Washington Carver in celebration of National Chemistry Week (October 19-25)
Canada in Context
- 2 new portal pageshave been added:
- British Columbia
- 3 portal pageshave been updated:
- Canadian Endangered Species
- Ryan Reynolds
- A new homepage featured video has been added: “Ottawa-area doctors differ on assisted suicide.” CBC, October 16, 2014. This video is related to the Carter v. Canada case involving assisted suicide currently before the Supreme Court of Canada.
Global Issues in Context
- 42 portal pageshave been updated including:
- Alternative and Renewable Energy
- Biofuel Impact on Food Prices and World Hunger
- Democracy Movements
- Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors without Borders)
- Nobel Prize
- Taliban Resurgence in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Uighur Conflict in China
Science in Context
To celebrate National Chemistry Week, Science in Context has featured 5 new homepage spotlights:
- Marie Curie
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- 10 portal pages have been updated. Examples include the portals listed above as well as Ebola and Other Hemorrhagic Fevers, Invertebrates, Senses, and Social Media.