| By Gale Staff |
Gale In Context: For Educators Now Includes Customizable Assessments
Gale In Context: For Educators provides teachers with the resources necessary to personalize instruction and help students succeed. With the recent addition of assessments for every lesson plan within Gale In Context: For Educators, we’ve made it easier for teachers to gain insight about student learning and increase learning outcomes. But we didn’t stop there. This month, we’re releasing customizable assessments that will provide educators with more control.
Now find even more flexibility, with the power to tailor assessments to fit every need. Using these new assessments and the added functionality, teachers can monitor comprehension of key concepts more easily and make evidence-based decisions on how to best support their students.
In addition to using assessments that are available in every lesson plan, teachers can:
- Attach prebuilt, standards-based questions to any piece of content—like articles, news media, primary sources, and more—to save time. New assessment questions are continually flowing into Gale In Context: For Educators.
- Access lesson plans in new subject areas, such as financial literacy and digital literacy, to support various classes with relevant, up-to-date materials to keep students engaged.
- Use additional lesson plans in science and engineering as well as lesson plans in social studies built on inquiry frameworks.
- Assign critical-thinking questions—included in assessments—asking students to write responses to practice understanding and analyzing content.
- Push content with assessments directly into assignments within learning management systems (LMS) like Canvas and Schoology—no need to copy and paste a link separately.
- Coming soon, score short-answer response questions, which will allow for greater flexibility when checking student comprehension.
For current customers, these updates will automatically appear in the product beginning March 31, 2023. The integration will be seamless and require no action.
We’re committed to providing the tools teachers need to help students reach their full potential. As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Gale customer success team with any questions. You can also visit the Gale support site for videos and quick tips, like this Gale In Context: For Educators Tip Sheet, or request training from your customer success manager.