Posted on April 6, 2016
Due to the popularity of the Google Apps for Education integration, Gale will be retiring the “My Account” feature in InfoTrac products including PowerSearch.
This change will provide a simple, seamless login experience and enable you to access your saved documents with ease. Users logged in through Google, can easily share and download articles—including highlights and notes—using Google tools like Drive and Docs. For more information, access our training instructions on how to use Google tools.
The retirement of the Gale “My Account” feature will take effect in two stages to ease the transition.
Here’s what will be happening on April 28, 2016:
- Existing users will be able to access their saved documents via My Account, but new accounts cannot be created.
- My Folder will continue to be a session-based feature when users are not logged into My Account. Users are encouraged to save documents to a Google account. For more information, access our training instructions on migrating saved documents to your Google account.
- New search queries cannot be saved to “Saved Searches.” Existing saved searches will be accessible until August 2016, when the My Account feature will be fully retired.
- Users can use the “Create a Search Alert” feature to have new content emailed via a search alert. Existing search alerts will be unaffected.
You can always email or download a document at any point during a session, and Google users can continue to utilize the “Save to Google Drive” option. For non-Google users, Gale is exploring the integration of other collaboration tools, including Microsoft Office 365.
Periodical products affected by this update include:
- Academic OneFile
- Agriculture Collection
- Business Economics & Theory Collection
- Communication and Mass Media Collection
- Computer Database
- CPI.Q (Canadian Periodicals Index Quarterly)
- Criminal Justice Collection
- Culinary Arts Collection
- Diversity Studies Collection
- Educator’s Reference Complete
- Environmental Studies & Policy Collection
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- Fine Arts & Music Collection
- Gardening, Landscaping & Horticulture Collection
- Gender Studies Collection
- General Business File ASAP
- General OneFile
- General Reference Center
- General Reference Center Gold
- General Science Collection
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Home Improvement Collection
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Leisure Collection
- Informe Académico
- InfoTrac Custom Collections
- InfoTrac Educators Reference Complete
- InfoTrac Elite 500
- InfoTrac Newsstand
- InfoTrac Student Edition
- Insurance & Liability Collection
- Military and Intelligence Database
- Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Collection
- Pop Culture Collection
- Popular Magazines
- Professional Collection
- Psychology Collection
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Small Business Collection
- Tourism Hospitality and Leisure Collection
- U.S. History Collection
- Vocations & Careers Collection
- War and Terrorism Collection
- World History Collection
Contact your Gale Customer Success Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.