Posted on October 15, 2015
New content has been added and existing content updated in a number of Gale’s In Context products.
Global Issues In Context
- A new portal page has been added featuring the South Sudan Civil War.
- Over 25 portal pages have been updated including Dementia, Gun Control, Nobel Prize, Obama Administration: Foreign Policy, Political Corruption, Russia-Ukraine Conflict, Same-sex Marriage, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
Opposing Viewpoints In Context
- New portal pages have been added covering Minimum Wage and the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- A new infographic reflecting the minimum wage increases for each U.S. State from 2015-2018 is available in the Minimum Wage portal.
- A new video featuring a commentary on a U.S. soldier fighting ISIS from the NYTimes.com Video Collection is available on the homepage.
New spotlight images were added:
- An image of a video screen grab showing airstrikes from Russian forces against eight Islamic State targets in Syria and connects to the Syria portal.
- An image of a candle vigil held after a mass shooting that took lives of several people at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, OR on October 1st and connects to the portal covering School Violence.
- To show the high prices for medication in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, an image of a Hepatitis C patient taking Sovaldi, which costs $1,000 a pill, is linked to the Pharmaceutical Industry portal page.
- Breast Cancer Awareness month is October. An image showing breast cancer survivors links to the Breast Cancer portal.
Research In Context
New homepage spotlights have been added this week and are tied to women in space:
- In September, 1992, Mae Jemison became the first African-American female astronaut aboard the space shuttle Endeavour.
- On March 5, 1998, President Clinton named Lieutenant Colonel Eileen M. Collins as the first women to lead a U.S. space mission.
- Highly honored, Sally Ride was the first American women to fly in space, as well as the youngest person sent into orbit.
Science In Context
- New portal pages have been added representing Poaching and Genes and Gene Expression.
- Portal pages noting Nobel Prize winners have been updates with featured content on this year’s winners that were announced last week.
- Additional updates will be available in the next week with new images and biographies for Nobel Prize winners of 2015.
Nike WMNS nike air wildwood gs carbon fiber price trend Shadow White/Hydrogen Blue-Purple