Updated May 24, 2016
Original Posting March 31, 2016
Global Issues In Context has been updated to reflect the standard user interface found in all the other Gale In Context products. Customers will be migrated to the new version of the product August 5, 2016.
During the continued soft launch – running through the month of July – here’s what you’ll find:
- Spotlight stories will track current events.
- New and updated portals will be called-out (flagged) so they are easy to find.
- Google integration tools like Google sign-in, download to Google Drive, and Classroom Share capabilities.
- A mobile optimized interface for ease of use on any device.
- Additional features familiar to users such as, Highlights and Notes and additional language translation options.
The content found in Global Issues In Context will be regularly reviewed and updated. In addition, the older content will be removed to make way for newer, more relevant selections. Some features that had been in place with the older version will also be going away. The decision to remove certain features was based on careful analysis of value and usage. Some of the changes you may notice immediately include:
- Gale’s Named User feature will no longer be available.
- World Map feature will no longer be available. Topic pages found in the product will include a Map of the country as the featured image.
- Gale Admin options to customize the home page or the topic page will not be available. Featured News will highlight the top three most used articles.
The old version of Global Issues In Context is available through July. When in the product, you’ll find a “Try it Now” banner that allows users to temporarily switch to the new, updated version of Global Issues In Context. You will also find additional informational buttons that include:
- Feedback button – provide us with your feedback! Your comments will be shared directly with the Gale Tech Support team.
- Request to Move to New Product button – Instead of waiting for the cut-over in July, this button will allow you to switch over to the new product early.
Now available in the standard user interface.
Additional features such as Google integration, highlights and notes and language translation.
Questions about these changes? Contact the Gale Customer Success team.Nike Air Force 1 ’07 Lv8 Utility White/White-Black-Tour Yellow