| By Leigh Ann Cusack, Senior Director of Product, Public & Consortia |
Public libraries inspire us at Gale every day, and we have been focused on delivering data-driven ways to help them reach and engage their communities more effectively. So, after months of development and countless hours of conceptualizing, testing, and feedback from public libraries and others, I couldn’t be more thrilled to announce the release of Gale Engage.
This new cloud-based solution helps public libraries become more efficient when it comes to patron outreach and engagement efforts. Gale Engage is the power of analytics, outreach, and efficiency all in one tool.
Developed in partnership Deziner Software, LLC, Gale Engage provides a 360-degree view of library activity across branches, enabling staff to analyze data, personalize marketing outreach, and increase engagement within their communities.
How does this resource do that? By offering unique features that enable Gale Engage to stand alone in the marketplace:
- Data Synthesis—Upload disparate data files from various vendors and system data. Customized scripts take raw data and visually displays cohesive metrics.
- Customizable Dashboard and Visual Reporting—Ready-to-use visualizations allow users to view trends and key performance indicators to design goals around data, manage reports more efficiently, and make better decisions. The dashboard also aligns circulation to IMLS benchmark data, enabling users to see performance against the greater library field.
- Patron Groups—Automatic grouping using transaction history as well as custom grouping based on engagement with library services allow for more effective communication.
- Email Targeting—Leverage patron groups to either export targeted cardholder lists to an email system or create and send marketing campaigns to patrons using a connection to select email marketing systems, including MailChimp.
- Social Media Management—Manage multiple library social media accounts for Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Privacy By Design—Gale Engage is compliant with relevant field practices and uses end-to-end encryption to protect patron privacy and personally identifiable information.
KEEP THE FEEDBACK COMING
A big thank you goes out to the library professionals who provided input to help bring this solution to life. We can’t wait to hear from other librarians as Gale Engage rolls out. Together, we can meet the diverse needs of communities where and how they live. Learn more at gale.com/engage.