By Harmony Faust
Join us for a live Twitter Chat with Valerie Gross, president & CEO of the Howard County Library System in Maryland (Library of the Year 2013) and author of the provocative new title Transforming Our Image, Building Our Brand: The Education Advantage.
Hear Valerie’s thoughts on how to keep your library essential, not optional, and chat with your colleagues about important issues like funding, branding and the perceived value of libraries today.
The conversation happens on Tuesday, March 4 at 12:00 p.m. EST
Here’s how to join:
1. RSVP on Facebook for quick, ongoing access to event details
2. Watch this video of Valerie to learn how she recommends giving your library the education advantage (and secure funding!) through branding, demonstrating value and community outreach
3. Think of the questions you’d like to ask Valerie. You can submit your questions in advance here or ask live during the event.
4. On March 4th, login to Tweet Chat using your Twitter credentials so you can easily participate in the discussion
5. Be sure to use the #transformlib event hashtag (Tweet Chat simplifies that, too)
We look forward to chatting with you!
About the Author
Harmony is Gale’s Marketing Director for Public Libraries. She has an M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications and 13 years’ experience in the publishing industry. She loves her husband, 15-month old son, craft beer and Pinterest.