| By Gale Staff |
Testing & Education Reference Center is a test prep database made available through a partnership between Gale and Peterson’s, two trusted brands in the field of education and learning. Recent updates have expanded the career tools available within Testing & Education Reference Center.
A new resume tool is available through a partnership with VisualCV, a well-established consumer service for helping people create effective resumes and cover letters. Through this integration of VisualCV Resume Creator, Testing & Education Reference Center users gain access to:
- 18 default templates for creating well-designed resumes, with additional textual examples provided by industry and experience level
- Various editing options, including a text-based form editor, a visual editor, and the ability to upload existing resumes
- A cover letter editor, which includes three sample templates
- A website editor, which lets users quickly create a website for their resume that can be shared with potential employers
- An external library of 5,000 resume examples across varied industries that can then be uploaded into Resume Creator
- A mobile-optimized experience for patrons accessing with mobile devices
PLEASE NOTE: Both versions of the Resume Writing tool will remain in place until the end of May to allow your users time to transition to the new experience. After that date, the VisualCV Resume Creator will become the default experience, and the existing Resume Builder will be removed from the product. Existing resumes will not be migrated to the new experience automatically. Please advise users to download any existing resumes and upload them into the new tool if they would like ongoing access to them.
There are two versions of Testing & Education Reference Center:
- Testing & Education Reference Center Basic
- Testing & Education Reference Center with the Career Module
The Career Module has traditionally included a single Career Assessment and an occupational database. The Career Module has now been expanded to provide a full suite of tools in support of individuals seeking employment. These include:
- Assessment: The Career Module still includes personalized assessment, but these have increased from one to four assessments focused on prioritizing a user’s interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences.
- Occupational Database: The Occupational Database remains available but now features a larger career library and more targeted search tools. Users can search for information on careers or industries of interest, view recommended careers based on their assessment results, or match military experience to new career paths.
- Career Overviews: Detailed job overviews now include videos, salary projections, job outlook, and more.
- College Recommendations (NEW!): Users interested in pursuing secondary education can view a list of schools offering programs that align with their assessment results. There’s also an option to connect directly with admissions offices.
- Job Search (NEW!): The updated Career Module hosts a job search provided by Indeed.com. Job listings are updated daily, and users can filter the listings to view jobs that they might be best suited for based on their assessment results.
- Worksheets (NEW!): In addition to the Virtual Career Library in Testing & Education Reference Center Basic, the updated Career Module contains new supplemental tools including articles, worksheets, and workbooks designed to help users interpret their assessment results and prepare for entering the workforce.
- Updated design (NEW!): The Career Module interface has been refreshed with a new, visually appealing design to help drive user engagement.
- Mobile responsive: The new Career Module has been fully optimized for use on a mobile device.
The updated module is licensed from PathwayU, a career counseling organization that looks beyond finding a job to focus on helping people target fulfilling careers that align with their interests and values.
PLEASE NOTE: Both versions of the Career Assessment will remain in place until Friday, February 28, to allow users time to transition to the new experience. After that date, the PathwayU Career Assessment will become the default experience, and the existing Career Assessment will be removed from the product.
Interested in seeing these enhancements in action?
| Watch this video highlighting the Career Assessment and resume tool.||Sign up for an upcoming live training webinar for full coverage of the newest tools added to Testing & Education Reference Center.|
Do you have Testing & Education Reference Center Basic, and would like to add the Career Module? Contact your sales representative. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your customer success manager.Miesten kengät laajasta valikoimasta