By Jennifer Albers-Smith
If you’re looking to support your Sociology, Gender, and Women’s Studies programs, may I suggest the following resources to bolster your collection?
Academic Onefile provides students with periodical content to support their theses. Relevant journals include the following:
- Gender & Society
- Journal of Gender and Social Issues
- Journal of Research in Gender Studies
GVRL offers several titles from both Gale and its partners that support curriculum on Gender Studies. Some examples include:
- The SAGE Handbook of Feminist Theory, 1st Edition (Sage)
- Between Men and Feminism (RLE Feminist Theory), 1st Edition (Routledge, Chapman & Hall Ltd)
- Sociology Reference Guide: Sex & Society, 1st Edition (Salem Press)
- Gender Considerations and Influence in the Digital Media and Gaming Industry, 1st Edition (Information Science Reference)
- Gender and Sexual Identity: Transcending Feminist and Queer Theory, 1st Edition (Springer)
And if your programs support Historical Gender Studies research, Archives Unbound offers a range of letters, newspapers clippings, manuscripts, and other primary source documents:
- Politics, Social Activism, and Community Support: Selected Gay and Lesbian Periodicals and Newsletters
- The Homophile Movement: Papers of Donald Stewart Lucas, 1941-1976
- Phyllis Lyon, Del Martin and the Daughters of Bilitis
If you would like more information about any of these products, your library sales consultant would be happy to assist.
Jennifer loves her children, dogs, and Jane Austen. She has a B.A. in English and Sociology from the University of Michigan, and spends her waking hours as a marketing director and feeding her family.