Meet Connie, a spunky 72-year-old grandma who just received her first computer. Her grandkids want her online, so online she must go! “I don’t know what took me so long and I want to learn everything I can,” she says, “but I guess I’m a little hesitant because I don’t know quite where to start.” We couldn’t think of a better way than an eBook like Laptops For Seniors For Dummies, 3rd Edition. Connie can read and follow activities on her screen at the same time, it’s a perfect match.
Your patrons need to start somewhere, whether they’re considering going back to school or exploring a new interest, iconic series like For Dummies and Complete Idiot’s Guides provide an easy, non-intimidating approach to everyday research and how-to help. For a limited time, you can grow your collection of beginner titles with savings up to 40% on subject-based bundles like:
- Core Academic: Math titles like, Calculus for Dummies or The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Algebra, are great for parents who want to help their kids with their homework, but may have forgotten a thing or two. The Complete Idiot’s Guides to: American History, the U.S. Constitution, and Native American History are perfect for budding history buffs.
- Business and Entrepreneurship: The For Dummies titles are stacked with subjects like business planning, marketing, accounting, and more. Timing is also good for the all-inclusive Complete Idiot’s Guide to Selling Your Crafts on Etsy.
- Careers and Education: From specifics like Coaching (insert sport name here) For Dummies to general The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Discovering Your Perfect Career, this collection fits a wide variety of topics to support job seekers as they get started exploring their options.
- Computers and Technology: Here’s where Connie fits, but you’ll also find titles for IT experts and parents alike: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to iPad and iPhone App Development and Raising Digital Families For Dummies.
- Cooking and Nutrition: Really, any category you can think of is covered– The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Coconut Oil Diet, Student’s Gluten-Free Cookbook For Dummies, Cancer Nutrition and Recipes For Dummies, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Clean, and more.
- Financial Literacy: Relevant titles for personal financial management at all ages– Investing in Your 20s & 30s For Dummies to Estate and Trust Administration For Dummies, 2nd Edition.
- Health and Wellness: Patrons often struggle with issues for a long period of time before beginning to find help. Postpartum Depression For Dummies, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Controlling Anxiety, and more than 100 other consumer health and wellness titles support those first great steps.
- Hobbies and General Interests: Beer tasting, sailing, and planning weddings, oh my! This is perhaps the most well-rounded category with everything from a Dream Dictionary For Dummies to The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Harry Potter.
- Personal and Lifestyle: If your patron is looking for a digital life coach, this collection may be most useful with Happiness for Dummies, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Surviving Divorce, Dating for Dummies, and much more.
- Religion and Philosophy: Enlighten your patrons’ on various religions from Taoism to Atheism.
Programming tip: promote access to these eBooks at related classes and events! Whether in conjunction with related Gale Courses, or your library’s own curriculum, these titles support continued research on topics your library is already covering. One idea, include a brief 5-minute tutorial on how to access and use the computer and technology help guides in eBook format during the computer courses you already offer. That way, attendees can learn the basic skills in person at your library and also have a great resource to support their continued self-directed education once they’re at home.
Now through June 30, you can save up to 40% on collections of eBooks for beginners. Contact your rep to learn more.Face Mask Required Signs for Businesses, Restaurants and Offices