ASE Sample Tests and Labor Estimator Tool Now Available to Your Library Customers!
The ASE Technician Sample Tests available in ChiltonLibrary.com are short sample tests which provide a high-level assessment of overall readiness to pass an ASE certification exam. Patrons will gain a better understanding of their strengths and areas needing additional review. According to the National Institute for Automotive Excellence more than 300,000 automotive professionals nationwide have earned the ASE Blue Seal of Excellence and must renew their certification every 5 years. Tests may be taken any number of times.
- Sample questions similar to those seen on ASE exams
- Information and strategies to pass the first time
- Content reviewed and approved by master technicians for real-world accuracy
- The most up-to-date material available
- ASE-style exam questions reflecting the most recent ASE task list — the skills that technicians need to know on the job
ASE Sample Prep Tests in the Chilton database:
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A1 – Automotive Engine Repair
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A2 – Automatic Transmissions & Transaxles
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A3 – Automotive Manual Drive Trains & Axles
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A4 – Automotive Suspension & Steering
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A5 – Automotive Brakes
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A6 – Automotive Electrical – Electronic Systems
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A7 – Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A8 – Automotive Engine Performance
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation A9 – Light Vehicle Diesel Engines
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation X1 – Exhaust Systems
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation P2 – Automobile Parts Specialist
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation L1 – Automotive Advance Engine Performance
- Online ASE Technician Test Preparation C1 – Service Consultant
The ChiltonLibrary Estimator Tool allows patrons to answer the following questions related to vehicles from 1981 to current models:
- How long will the repair take?
- What will the repair cost? (Multiply labor time by the hourly labor rate)
- How do I better understand the professional estimate for my vehicle repairs
- How much time would it take to do related repairs together? (Combined time)
Chilton provides one of the most trusted Labor Estimator Tools on the market. Because all labor times are not the same, Chilton’s professional technicians draw upon their experience and access to technical information to calculate times that take into consideration skill level, tools, and variables such as the age and condition of the vehicle.
There are three times calculated in the Labor Estimator Tool:
Chilton labor times include three components: the manufacturer warranty time (OEM), the regular time, and the severe service time. Warranty times are often based on time studies and are the length of time the carmaker says it should take a trained dealer technician using dealer tools to perform a job. This is the labor time the carmaker will use to reimburse the dealer for warranty work. Chilton “Regular” labor times, work from the manufacturer warranty time, while drawing on professional experience and other factors to calculate the time it would take a technician in an independent shop to perform the same procedure. Chilton pioneered the use of “Severe” service times, which are for conditions where wear, age, rust, dirt, etc. make service more difficult and so more time is needed to complete the job.
Interested in seeing these enhancements in action? Click here for Free Trial to ChiltonLibrary.com