“Greg’s adventures will be bigger than ever in the new format. I’m glad we’re publishing these stories in a way that makes them more accessible for everyone,” said author Jeff Kinney.
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is the most popular middle-reader (grades 4-8) series of all time. This award-winning series received rave reviews from Booklist, Horn Book Guide, Publishers Weekly and/or Library Journal. Nearly every book in the series has been #1 on the New York Times bestseller list.
The series follows Greg Heffley, who finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share halls with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving. The hazards of growing up before you’re ready are uniquely revealed through words and drawings as Greg records them in his diary.
Why bring the series to life in large print?
Millions of middle and high school students get discouraged every day because they are not reading at their appropriate grade level. Large font books help readers that are struggling or reluctant by providing a format that is easier to read while staying the same size as the original published version. In fact, 67% of participating teachers say large print dramatically improved their students’ reading skills. The following are benefits of larger font:
- Transition readers from beginner level books’ font size to the small font of YA titles
- Boosts confidence of reluctant readers
- Improves letter and word recognition and aids comprehension
- More white space and fewer words on a page is less intimidating for readers
- Gives young readers eyes a break after staring at small phone screens.
- All YA Thorndike Press Large Print Books are leveled (AR and Lexile) for appropriate integration and use in the classroom.
The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is beloved by many children and by providing it in large print, it ensures that all readers can enjoy the series in a font that best fits their needs..