| By Kristin Fust, Product Manager |
Several new features have been added to Testing and Education Reference Center!
The most notable are those released in the test-taking experience. These enhancements are currently available for preview within select exams, including the DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, and Advanced Placement (AP) tests. Exams are being migrated to the new experience on a rolling basis, with the migration concluding in early 2019. Users will have access to both experiences for approximately 30 days after each exam migrates.
New features include:
- Reset tests: Users can now retake practice tests! The new platform removes the limitations on how many times a test can be taken. The option to reset exams is available in the user’s dashboard.
- Badging: New “Achievements” badges promote engagement by rewarding users for completing certain tasks within Testing and Education Reference Center.
- Study plan: Testing and Education Reference Center’s new “Study Plan” lets users input their actual test date and then provides a custom dashboard to help them track progress toward their goals.
- Account view: Practicing for multiple exams? The Account page gives users an at-a-glance view of all tests currently in progress.
- Revisit later: Stuck on a hard question, or not confident in an answer? The new “Revisit Later” function flags questions for users to easily revisit during their final answer review.
- Toolbox: The new Toolbox feature gives users quick access to a notepad and a calculator while taking a practice exam.
- Bookmarks and notes: As users review their scored exams, they can Bookmark questions and add Notes to identify areas where they may need additional study.
- Confidence levels: Also during review, users can assign Confidence scores to their answers. These are then grouped for easy access to help users check their understanding.
What Other Features are New or Improved?
Customers have long asked for direct links to content within Testing and Education Reference Center, and now, they’re available!
Subject Hub MARC records:New MARK records are available for the subject pages within Testing and Education Reference Center, such as ACT, SAT, LSAT, and Medical/Nursing. These descriptive records improve the discoverability of your content by making the tests and eBooks searchable within your library’s catalog. When clicking on a record, users will be taken directly to the corresponding hub page so that they can easily find the appropriate test, as well as any related exams or eBooks. The new records are available for download on the Gale Support Site. Corresponding URLs are also featured on the Direct URLs page (under the new “TERC” tab).
Content updates (new and forthcoming):
- NEW: Microsoft video tutorials for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- NEW: Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science
- NEW: Advanced Placement (AP) Environmental Science
- NEW: Dental Admissions Test (DAT)
- NEW: Master the Nursing School and Allied Health Entrance Exam ebook, 20th edition
- UPDATED: NCLEX-PN and NCLEX-RN exams
- COMING SOON: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
For more detail about this update, or if you have questions, please contact the Gale Customer Success team.