The College Blue Book is a comprehensive guide covering nearly 12,000 institutions of higher learning, occupational and technical schools, and distance learning programs. It includes information on early decision and early action figures, ACT and SAT essay requirements, SAT deadlines, and numbers on wait-listed applicants. The College Blue Book features universities, senior colleges, two-year colleges, and specialized institutions in both the United States and Canada, as well as schools with occupational training and distance learning programs. It also features information on obtaining financial assistance for pursuing post-secondary education.
See what a Coordinator of Bibliographic Services Librarian @ Austin College thinks about The College Blue Book:
This standard professional reference on higher education is an excellent place for high school counselors and undergraduate advisors to direct students and their parents. All the basic information is here in this six-volume set, and it identifies schools they may be interested in.
Narrative Descriptions lets you search geographically first and then by the schools listed. The descriptions for more than 4,500 colleges in the United States and Canada are listed. This includes entrance requirements, collegiate environment, and community environment in most cases. Costs per year are sometimes included. Once you have identified the schools you are interested in, the website address and school contact information is included. Occupational Education offers descriptions for 6,700 schools providing occupational or technical training. Descriptions include tuition costs, enrollment figures, and entrance requirements.
Highly recommended for high school guidance counselors and career centers, high school libraries, public libraries, undergraduate libraries, and career centers.
Originally published by American Reference Books Annual, Spring 2017
Features and Benefits
- Volumes 1-2: More than 4,300 institutions of higher education, in both the United States and Canada, are described, including universities, senior colleges, two-year colleges, and specialized institutions; information is provided in both easy to-read prose descriptions and as condensed tabular data.
- Volume 3: A listing of all the degrees offered by the institutions listed in volumes 1 and 2, indexed first by colleges/universities, and additionally by subject area.
- Volume 4: Occupational Education lists more than 6,500 schools that provide occupational training, offering such information as cost of tuition, recent enrollment, number of faculty, and curricula.
- Volume 5: Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants & Loans provides an extensive listing of more than 6,000 financial aid sources, and includes valuable information such as scholarship purpose, amount, application procedures, and deadline.
- Volume 6: Distance Learning provides key facts and overviews of nearly 1,000 institutions offering distance learning programs.
The College Blue Book is offered in print or eBook format on GVRL. Request a demo today >>Trava Mista Cano Alto