We are proud to announce that Global Issues in Context, Gale’s online resource covering the modern world’s most important topics, was recently named “Biggest Hit with Patrons” by Library Journal in their “Best Databases 2014” roundup. The recognition means even more because the winners are nominated by LJ’s readers, many of whom use our products every day. The nominating librarian stated that the product is “wildly popular with students,” and that she is “amazed at the usage statistics generated by my institution.”
Global Issues in Context, part of Gale’s In Context family of products, is designed to support global awareness by tying together news, perspectives, reference materials, primary source documents, statistics, multimedia, and more into a single intuitive experience. Students are empowered to critically analyze the world around them, and to understand the most important issues of the modern age.
- Daily updates to more than 570 full-text newspapers, magazines, and journals
- Topic pages covering more than 400 issues in categories like Business and Economics, Conflict and Diplomacy, Environment and Climate Change, and more
- More than 100 Gale proprietary reference titles
- 3,000 exclusive commentaries, providing background information and guidance on various topics
- Multimedia including videos, podcasts, streaming audio, and easy-to-search image galleries
- Interactive maps
- Thousands of charts, graphs, and other statistical information
For a free trial of Global Issues in Context, click here or contact your Gale Representative. View our flyer about this award as well as Opposing Viewpoints in Context‘s recognition as “Best for Reports” in 2013 here.
About the Author
Geoff is a Renaissance man, who can often be found reading about obscure historical topics, working on cars, or debating world affairs. He comes from a family of teachers and has a BA in communications.